Skip Navigation Links
| | |
Skip Navigation Links
📞 (888) 996-8568
| | |

Do I Need Another Filing Before Getting a Sellers

Do I Need Another Filing Before Getting a Sellers

In most states, you don't any other filing before obtaining a seller's permit.
There are exceptions:

1. For example, VA, and a few other states require that you have a federal id before obtaining a seller's permit.   Our fee for getting a federal ID is only $29.  We recommend that you obtain one.  You will need it to open a bank account and the majority of businesses need one anyway.

2. If you are planning to incorporate or form an LLC, the LLC will be the entity that the seller's will be filed under. Thus, you will need to form an LLC before getting a seller's permit.  If you hire us to obtain the LLC, and the seller's permit, purchase both at the same time.  Note that LLC's need a federal ID as well.

You will ultimately need a business license as well. 
In most states, you don't need a business license before obtaining other filings. It may be necessary I Utah, or in some states, like in Florida, you need a DBA filing before obtaining a business license. On the other hand, if you form a corporate entity such as an LLC, you don't need to file a DBA.


bizlicensing registers,files and pays for filing fees and also provides information and filing legal forms and ways to help you file documents or register your business as self-help services and as ordered by you but is not affiliated with the federal,irs,state or local government agencies nor a law firm or cpa firm. bizlicensing is a private filing agency providing Business registration services business license tax id llc incorporation local federal statefederal sellers permit or resale licensedba filing These agencies may or may not charge you to file these documents but bizlicensing charges a fee to help you register your business. bizlicensing is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm.

Copyright 1999-2021